Friday, September 11, 2009

Andrew's Birthday Party


Playing with his friends Carter & Hudson

Smiling as everyone sang to him

Yummy cake

Checking out his new cars

Driving his new Jeep with Hudson
9.6.09- Andrew's 2nd Birthday Party

Last Sunday was Andrew's 2nd birthday. I can't believe he is already 2. This has been the fastest year, even faster than the first year. I love this age so far, but it definitely is challenging at times too. I love that he talks all the time, but don't love the temper tantrums that happen every day!
For his 2nd birthday we did a "Cars" (the movie) theme. Andrew absolutely loves the movie "Cars" and has tons of them that he plays with all the time. Lightening McQueen, or as he says "Queen" is by far his favorite. We invited both of our families and 2 of his friends. It ended up being a pretty large crowd...about 30 people! I had hoped for a sunny day like last year on his birthday, but no such luck. It was cloudy and rain and windy. I wasn't sure how I was going to fit 30 people in my house and be comfortable. Fortunately my parents had some tent canopies that we decided to put on our patio so that if people wanted to they could still go outside. They were a lifesaver! I was surprised at how many people hung out outside. I knew the kids would, but I was surprised that the adults did too! It rained on and off during the party, but didn't rain too hard, so people still stayed outside under the canopies. We had hot dogs & hamburgers and of course, lots of dessert...cake, cupcakes and rice crispy treats! Each adult went home with a picture magnet of our family at Disneyland with Lightening Mcqueen and each child went home with a goody bag of stickers, note pad and a car. Andrew had such a fun time hanging out with his 2 favorite buddies Carter Leonard and Hudson Giboney. The 3 boys played with cars the whole time and barely stopped to eat anything. They were all so excited to see each other...it was so cute. By far one of the cutest moments of the day is when we sang Happy Birthday to Andrew. If most of you don't know, my family is very musical and always sing Happy Birthday in harmony! It's pretty funny :) Andrew loved the song. (He now randomly starts singing Happy Birthday) He just stood there with a huge grin on his face. Afterward he tried to blow out the candle, but I helped him out with that. I told him to tell every one thank you and in his cute little voice he said "tank oo," it was precious! He loved the cake and I think that was the only thing he ate that night. Unfortunately we paid for it that night. I think he had a stomach ache and didn't sleep all night! He then opened presents which I think overwhelmed him. He clung to me most of the time and I basically opened all the presents for him. He did love his gifts though! He still has one to open from Mommy & Daddy! One of his favorite gifts was his Power Wheels Jeep from Grandpa Bud & Grandma Twyla. By the end of the night he figured out how to push on the gas and make it go. He's been playing with it almost everyday since his birthday. All in all it was a great day. Thank you to all of you who helped us celebrate our amazing little boy's 2nd birthday!

No comments: