Thursday, February 4, 2010

Potty Training- Days 1, 2 & 3

We started potty training this week. I bought TONS of big boy underwear along time ago and kept putting off the dreaded potty training week (or 2 or 3). It has been a long week so far and we are only on day 4. I'm seeing progress, but not as much as I'd hoped for (by this I mean that he isn't telling me when he has to go potty). Day 1 we had no success, only accidents. Day 2 there was 1 success and he then understand stood that he got candy every time he went in the potty. He then proceeded to ask me for candy every time he sat on the potty. Of course I told him that he has to go potty in order to get candy. Day 3, he had 2 successes (both potty)! I was so proud of him. So far today he has gone potty in the big boy potty 3 times! We've only had 1 minor accident today, but he realized it and we went straight to the potty where he finished :) No #2's yet, hopefully that will happen soon and he still isn't telling me when he has to go potty, we just go sit on the potty every hour or so. I'm hoping that this process doesn't take several weeks because being cooped up at home is difficult for both of us! I'm hoping tonight is just as successful as this morning.
So cute in his big boy underwear!
2.3.10-Day 3

2.1.09-Day 1
2 years old (almost 29 months)

1 comment:

Patti said...

Oh my goodness, how adorable is he in those underwear?? :) Hoping that potty training goes quickly for you guys!!