Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mommy's Day

I had such a wonderful and busy Mother's day this year.  We started our morning at church where Andrew's class, Tiny Toones, sang.  He was not happy about it and refused to sing the whole time.
 Instead, he just made mad faces.  It was pretty funny.
 They sang "Happy Mother's Day to you" and he pointed to me with a mad face like, "yea mom, it's your fault I'm up here!"  It was hilarious.
 The best part about it is he says he wants to be a rock singer & a police officer when he's grown up.  So when we asked him why he didn't want to sing at church and told him that if he wants to be a rock star he has to sing on stage, he said he changed his mind and just wants to be a police officer.  Funny kid!

 After church we headed to lunch with my parents.
 Love being their mom!
 
I feel so blessed to be raised by such a wonderful mom.  She has taught me so much and I hope that I can be as great of a mom as she is!  So glad I got to spend some quality time with her at the Heathman tea on Friday and lunch with her on Mother's Day.
 Loves from my babies.
When we got home Nate took Andrew grocery shopping so I could get a little time to myself.  It was so nice to have some quiet in the house with the boys gone and Ava napping.  I spent the afternoon catching up a bit on my blog.
 After Ava woke up we headed downtown for dinner with Nate's family at Ruth's Chris.  
 The kids were pretty tired from a long day, but they did such a great job at the restaurant.  We were there for over 2 hours and they sat coloring and sitting with Pama for most of the time.  I was so proud of them!
I feel so beyond grateful to have two wonderful children and to be Andrew and Ava's mommy.  
May 12, 2013

2 comments:

Janet said...

Such a nice time with you at the tea and also lunch on Mother's Day. You already are a GREAT mom!!

daphne said...

happy mommy's day to both you and your amazing mama. your family is just so gorgeous!!