Friday, December 31, 2010

The big 3-0!

This year I turned 30...kind of hard to believe! Like I mentioned in my last post I spent the morning at Andrew's school Christmas party. After the party we went to my parents house so I could pick up Ava. We had lunch there and watched the kids play. Andrew really likes their piano and wanted to show Ava how to play. So the 2 of them sat at the piano and both of them were hitting the keys. Ava loved it and was very interested in playing.



The rest of the afternoon was spent doing the regular "mom" activities at home: naptime, laundry, dishes, diaper changes, etc. That night we got all dressed up and went to Portland City Grill with my parents & my in laws. I was a little worried about taking the kids to such a nice place, especially Ava since she can be a handful, but they both did great! Ava didn't fuss much and Andrew enjoyed watching some cartoons on Daddy's phone. When we were walking into the restaurant Andrew said, "our we going to Mommy's party?" It was so cute! He realized that it was a different restaurant than usual so I think he was kind of excited. After dinner we came back to our house for cake and ice cream. It was such a fun birthday spending the day with my family.
The kids really didn't want their picture taken so this is the best family picture I got from the day.
I love this sweet girl!
Andrew loves birthdays!
My cute parents.
I adore him. Thanks babe for a wonderful birthday.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

I rock! What can I say!

Janet said...

Hard to believe my baby is 30!! So proud of the wonderful and beautiful young lady you have become. We are blessed parents to have you in our lives!