Wednesday, July 6, 2011

8 years


Nathan and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary this year. Since we decided to leave for camping on our actual anniversary, June 28th, we celebrated the Friday/Saturday before. We dropped the kids off at my parents on Friday afternoon, had a couples massage and dinner downtown at our favorite place, El Gaucho. It was so nice to just sit and talk for few hours. We stayed downtown at hotel Saint Lucia. It was our 1st time leaving Ava overnight and she did great. Andrew was actually the one who had problems with it. He begged me not to go when we dropped him off and at bedtime asked my mom why he was taking 2 naps at her house. Both kids did great and Nate & I got to spend some time just the two of us. We spent the morning shopping downtown before we picked the kids up at noon.
On our actual anniversary we left for camping. Nate surprised me with a cake that he picked up at our favorite bakery. It was so sweet of him to think of something even though we were going to be gone.
I can't believe it's already been 8 years married and this October we will have been together 10 years! These have truly been the best years of my life and I feel so blessed to be married to Nate. Love you babe!!!

1 comment:

daphne said...

so sweet!!!! love this couple :)