Monday, August 8, 2011

Ava update

This month has been crazy with Ava. I feel like all of a sudden she is changing so much, especially this month. She gained her 9th tooth (bottom left) on July 14th.
(8.4.2011)
A few weeks ago (July 21st) she took her first steps all by herself. She has been taking a few steps here and there, standing by herself but never full on walking. She would take 2 steps and then just sit down, not even falling. She would always be really proud of herself, but act liked she new she could walk and just didn't want to. She's such a sassy little thing! On Saturday (Aug. 6th) she finally walked across the room! From one side of the family room to the other. She was so proud of herself and did it several times that day. She still doesn't walk all the time, I think she thinks crawling is faster, but she will stand up and walk occasionally. She mainly does it when know one is watching. Once someone looks at her or makes a big deal about it, she sits down.
Ava also got her 10th tooth (Aug.4th)! Front, top left....I'm thinking she might have a gap between her front too teeth! She loves to do her make up with mommy. The other day I asked her if she wanted to do her make up with mommy and it sounded like she said "ya." Nate also told me the other day that he thought he heard her say it when he asked her a question. She loves to play with my make up and will sit on the counter and play with my brushes and eyeshadow. It's really cute!
(8.4.2011- 14.5 months old)
Her sleep schedule has also changed a lot lately. For about a week I would put her down for her morning nap, she would sleep great and then I'd have to wake her up so she would go down for her second nap. When I'd put her down at 2, she would play in her crib for over an hour and sometimes never fall asleep. So after a week of this I decided to change her to one nap a day. She seems to be doing pretty good with it. She goes down at 1pm and will sleep for 3-4 hours usually. Most mornings she sleeps till around 8:30 or 9 and still goes to bed at 8pm.

No comments: