Monday, April 16, 2012

A child's prayer

Leading up to Easter we'd talked a lot about the meaning of Easter. On Good Friday (April 6th) before bedtime we told Andrew that if he ever wanted to ask Jesus into his heart he could pray and ask him into his heart. He said that he wanted to and that he would as soon as Nate & I left his room. So when we left I stood outside of his room and listened. He said, "Dear Jesus, please come into my heart, amen." It was the sweetest thing.

On Easter night before he went to bed, he prayed:

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for Pama's birthday and for a good day. Thank you for coming into our hearts and for Easter.
Amen

I teared up. It was truly one of the sweetest moments I've ever had with Andrew. I'm so proud of how my little boy is growing to love Jesus more and more each day.

p.s. He also really loves to read his Bible


No comments: