Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Great Pama & Papa

Last week was spring break. It was week 2 of no school for Andrew because of the fire and we were getting kind of restless with all of the rain. So we decided to take a little trip south to visit my grandparents, my sister and baby Leyton. It was such a fun day and we all really enjoyed ourselves. It was funny because I asked Andrew if he wanted to bring toys with him for the day. He told me that he didn't need to because Great Pama has toys at her house. It really surprised me since he always wants to bring his Batman toys.
The kids did really well on the drive down which surprised me since Ava doesn't do well in the car sometimes. We went straight to my grandparents and my sister & Leyton met us there. Andrew went right to the toy room and picked out the blocks (which he played with last time we were there). The kids were excited to see everyone, especially baby Leyton (that's what Andrew calls her). We spent the morning at my grandparents and then headed back to my sister's house so Ava could take a nap. She only ended up napping for about 45 minutes and then just played in Leyton's crib. Andrew, Kayla & I played lots of games and enjoyed some quiet time.
We went back to my grandparents to play for a bit and say goodbye. My mom was down there for the week so she came with us and then we headed to a quick dinner and back home for the night.
Ava playing with some of the toys there...the doll bed was made by my Great Grandpa for my Grandma when she was little.
Andrew showing Great Papa how to use his Leapster.
They love baby Leyton!

Back at my sister's house we tried to take pictures of the kids since they were all wearing stripes...Andrew wasn't really interested in taking pictures.
He just wanted to make funny faces. And Ava's new thing is to put her hand up to her chin and pose.
Ava also tried to hold Leyton's hand.
Great Pama gave Andrew that little bear that he found in the kids room. He loves it.
Back at my grandparents the kids enjoyed playing the piano with their Great Pama...a memory I will always cherish.

3.27.2012- Andrew 4 1/2 years, Ava 22 months

2 comments:

Janet said...

Such great pictures! I love that you got one of Mom playing the piano with Andrew and Ava...it brings tears to my eyes...good memories :)

Kayla said...

So sweet! Can you send me the pictures of the 3 kids together!!