Monday, November 9, 2009

Sunshine when skies are gray

Every since Andrew was a baby I've been singing to him. At night or right before nap time I would always sing "You Are My Sunshine" to him and it always calmed him down. As soon as I would start to sing it, he would just relax, watch me and smile. Now before nap time or bedtime he asks me to sing to him. He says, "Mommy sing." I then ask him what he wants me to sing and he says, "Sunshine when skies are gray." It just melts my heart! Today I asked him if he would sing it with me and he did. It was the cutest thing and he was so excited to be singing with Mommy. Within the last few days he's been asking me a lot to sing to him. At lunch time today he asks me to sing "Happy Birthday" and sometimes he'll ask me to sing one of his other favorite songs "Twinkle Twinkle." I just think it's the cutest thing and especially love when he sings with me :)

3 comments:

Janet said...

"You Are My Sunshine" was the song we sang to you when you were little...a good choice. When you started singing along, the skies were "grape".

The tug is my drug said...

I am betting Andrew does Glee club when he's in high school. I just hope he doesn't try to reach a high F.

Andrea said...

:) I like that comment above mine! Good thing you're a singer! :)