Sunday, November 15, 2009

Swimming

This last Thursday Andrew had his first swimming lesson! We joined the YMCA by our house this month and I wanted to get Andrew into swimming lessons right away. On our way there, I told Andrew that we were going swimming. He was so excited. He kept saying "boat, boat" but I told him that we were going swimming in a pool. He was so used to going on the boat in the summer and always correlated boating with swimming. We got to the YMCA and started getting ready. He saw the pool and wanted to get in right away. His cousin Elizabeth is also in his swimming class and he was so excited when he saw her. I was so proud of him. He wasn't afraid of the water and enjoyed blowing bubbles, kicking his feet, laying on his back, climbing in and out of the pool and singing songs. He didn't even throw a fit when we had to leave, which was a huge surprise. I just told him that we'd come back next week and he was okay with that. Hopefully I will get some pictures in the next couple of weeks and I will make sure and post them :)

No comments: