Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tulip Festival

Today was a beautiful 70+ degrees outside so we wanted to take advantage of the nice weather and do something fun as a family outside. So we ventured out the the Tulip Festival in Woodburn. Nate and I had been there several years ago but thought it would be fun to take Andrew and it would be a great opportunity to get some cute pictures with the flowers. Well, no such luck on the pictures, but we did have a fun time! As soon as we got the the tulips Andrew slipped and fell in the mud and was not happy about it. He immediately wanted me to clean his shoes and was very upset that he was all muddy. He wanted me to carry him and wouldn't leave my side....I think he was afraid that he'd fall again. So we decided to leave the tulips and head over to the family area where they had different games, slides, tunnels, and birds! We stayed in this area most of the time and Andrew had so much fun!


He thought the birds were really cool, but was a little scared when Daddy was holding it.

He LOVED this slide, but I think he loved climbing the later even more!

3.27.10- Andrew 2.5 years old, me 32.5 weeks pregnant with Ava

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I want to go to our Tulip Festival here in WA so bad....maybe if it ever stopped raining.

daphne said...

looks like fun!! i remember going to tulip festivals when we were little...good memories :)

Patti said...

So fun!!! We have been going there since before Ems was born. I hope to make it an annual tradition!! Cross your fingers we can get down there on a nice day like you guys did! That is too cute that Andrew was upset about the mud! Emersyn is a bit of a neat freak too, she always is cleaning and gets frustrated when she gets crumbs on her. :)