Monday, May 31, 2010

Andrewisms

Andrew says the funniest things. Here our some of his recent funny sayings....

I cannot believe it! (with lots of exaggeration...he got this from Little Einsteins)
Delicious
Bran-news (his word for bandaids)
I take a dump (don't even ask about this one....we are trying to get him to stop saying this)
Bawberries (this is what he calls strawberries and raspberries)
Mok (milk)
Let me check (as he opens the patio door to see if it's raining or cold outside)
Oh baby...take your picture (yes, this is from the song Baby got back. luckily these are the only words that he knows from the song!)
Tute (cute)
I lub (love) you
Bicycle danger- he says this anytime he sees a motorcycle or bicycle because we told him that motorcycles are dangerous. Not sure why he says this about bicycles too!
It's rover (over)- he says this anytime one of his cartoons is over.
Well, hi Abba (Ava)- he says this almost every time he sees Ava.
Port (airport)

Andrew loves to point out dirty cars when we are driving in the car. He says, "cars dirty. go to the car wash please." The way he says it is so funny. He says it with such desperation, like it has to be washed right that minute! He definitely doesn't like things to be dirty or messy!

Andrew: Mommy, Aba's (Ava) tute, I hansome (handsome). Daddy hansome, Mommy not hansome, Mommy pretty.

Nate got a new (to us) car the other. He used to have a red BMW that Andrew called Roary. He came home with a Honda CRV and asked Andrew if he wanted to go see Daddy's new truck. Andrew went and looked at it and said, "that's not a truck, that's a car!" Later when we went to go ride in it he called it a baby truck. Now every time we go somewhere he says he wants to ride in baby truck.

Today Andrew looked out the window and said, "Mommy why are the trees blowing?" I told him it was because it was windy outside. He then said, "I need my kite." Too funny!

When Ava is crying Andrew gets right up next to her face, tries to hug her and says, "it's okay Abba, I got you." So sweet.

I have a friend who has the same name as me. It's one of Andrew's friend's mom. The other day I was talking about her and mentioned her name. Andrew looked at me and said, "no, that's my mommy!" He realized that that was my name. When I ask him what Mommy's name is he says, "Kristi" very clearly. He also knows that Daddy's name is Nate.

Since we had Ava, Andrew seems so much older to me. I'm shocked at all of the things he says, knows and understands. He will repeat anything and everything we say and doesn't forget a thing. He's such a funny little boy and cracks us up all the time!


2 comments:

daphne said...

the 4th andrewism is funny...sounds like something his uncle barth would say...hmmmmm

Janet said...

I love all the things he says...and I love the fact that you can sit and have a conversation with him now.