Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Yesterday started out a little rocky. Andrew didn't feel great and had a rough nights sleep. Ava's been teething so she hasn't been sleeping great either. Despite lack of sleep, we were determined to have a fun day. Andrew was so cute when I came down the stairs in the morning. As soon as he saw me he said, "Happy Mother's day mommy!" with the biggest smile on his face. He then proceeded to tell Ava happy mother's day too :)
Andrew was singing at church so we got up, got ourselves ready, opened gifts (a cute purse I've been wanting and some really sweet cards) and headed to Starbucks and then church. Since Andrew was singing at church, the whole family came...what a fun treat! Andrew was absolutely adorable singing. When he first got up there you could tell he was looking everywhere for us. When he spotted us, he completely turned to us and wouldn't take his eyes off of us. It was adorable. Ava didn't do great in the nursery, so we got paged early and decided to go ahead and leave for our early brunch reservations.

We went to Jory and sat in the ballroom where they had a wonderful buffet. It was perfect. A nice restaurant but since it was a buffet Andrew & Ava were both able to wonder around a bit more than they could at a sit down restaurant. It was so nice to have both my family and Nate's family all together. I am truly blessed to have a wonderful mother who is also my friend and a mother in law who loves me like one of her own....two women I look up to and love dearly.
Me with my mom & sister....it's was my sister's 1st Mother's Day...she's pregnant with her 1st!
Nate with his mom & sister
Love this view at Jory
She was being the little ham at dinner.
I feel so honored and blessed to be the mommy of these 2 amazing kids. I love them to pieces!
Since Andrew was under the weather we spent the rest of the afternoon just lounging around until we made a quick trip to Burgerville for a milk shake (per my request).

It was a wonderful mother's day!

No comments: