Monday, May 16, 2011

Week in review

Last week was crazy in our house. Andrew was kinda sick on Sunday but by Monday he had a fever and terrible cold. He felt better on Tuesday and went to school. I thought the sickness was over so he went to soccer on Wednesday but half way though he started coughing a lot and said he didn't feel good. We left soccer and went to my mom's house. We weren't able to go home since Nate and a friend were demoing our kitchen in preparation for new counter tops (yea!). Ava's birthday party was only 3 days away and I was running around trying to get errands run while Andrew was sick at my mom's and Nate was working on the house. My husband loves to do a huge project in the house before we host parties. I try to not let it stress me out :) (pictures to come of my brand new kitchen & bathroom soon) The counter tops were installed on Thursday so we spent another day at my mom's house. Andrew and I made cookies and I ran more errands. We weren't able to use our kitchen until Friday. Unfortunately Thursday night we didn't sleep much. Andrew was up most of the night screaming that his ear hurt. So Friday morning we went to the doctor and found out he had an ear infection, his first ever. He got medicine and seems to be doing lots better. Now Ava is sick though and we are still not getting any sleep! It was a crazy week leading up to Ava's 1st birthday, but I love my new countertops and so glad we got them done. Really hope the weather clears up soon so it will dry up all of these cold germs!
Bath time in Pama's big bathtub! Ava's 1st time taking a bath in a real bath, not just the little tubs. She liked it but slipped around a lot.

Making cookies with Andrew for Ava's birthday party.

This was Andrew's 1st time really helping me out in the kitchen and he did great. He was such a good helper.

No comments: