Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Potty training

Yesterday we started hardcore potty training.  Last week we did underwear only in the evenings when we were home and she did okay for a few nights and then would just hold it from nap time to bedtime.  It was a bit frustrating so I wasn't sure how this week would go.  
Monday went pretty good.  With the help of Nate and my parents, I was able to have just Ava all day while Andrew was at school and at my parents.  It was nice to just focus on her since we spent most of the morning in the bathroom.  She did have a few accidents but some successes as well. Monday night was chaos with the boys back home.  There was another accident but a few more successes.  All in all a great first day of potty training.
Today was great!  I was really worried that it wouldn't go well since one, Andrew was home which is a distraction and two, we had to leave the house for Andrew's swimming lesson.  Ava did great this morning with no accidents.  I put a pull up on her just to be safe and she didn't go in it the whole hour and a half that we were gone.  I was so proud of her!  Tonight she actually pooped in the potty!  She had no accidents and told me several times when she had to go potty.  Hoping that the rest of the week goes this smoothly.
She was not happy that I was taking a picture of her...she just wanted me to read to her.
10.15.2012 - Ava 2 years 5 months

No comments: