Sunday, December 13, 2009

Birthday Surprise

I have to start by saying that I have the most thoughtful, amazing, loving, giving (the list goes on) husband in the world! He truly adores me (and I do him) and treats me like a princess everyday. I am so blessed that I get to spend the rest of my life with him.

Yesterday Nate received a phone call from one of our friends. I could tell he was trying to be secretive so I asked him if he had something up his sleeve for my birthday. He denied it but later told me that all he was going to say is that my friend Jessica would be picking me up at 12:30 the following day. I quickly started asking him a million questions...one of the first questions being, what do I wear? Being pregnant, the options are limited. I decided on a dress my mom bought me last year for my birthday that is very holiday-ish. I continued to ask a million questions all yesterday and this morning but he still wouldn't budge. My friend picked me up this afternoon and we started driving downtown. We arrived at the Heathman Hotel for high tea! When I walked up to our table I was so surprised to see that my sister was there...she drove up just for my party. Also in attendance was my mom, mother in law, sister in law and my friends Jessica, Natalie and Erin. It's funny because Natalie and I were talking about a month ago about how we'd love to go to high tea sometime. I guess Nate remembered me telling him about that conversations (such a thoughtful husband). We spent the afternoon sipping on tea, eating wonderful food and talking. It was such a fun afternoon and I'm blessed to have such amazing friends and family. Nate also bought me a wonderful tea pot shaped cake that was amazing! He had it brought to the hotel and it was the centerpiece at our table. LOVED the whole day....thank you Nathan!!!!
Nate bought this amazing cake for my party!
My sister came all the way from Eugene just for my birthday party....I love her and miss her!
My amazing friends


Baby #2- 18 weeks
12.13.09

4 comments:

Patti said...

You look beautiful in that dress Kristi!! What a special birthday celebration, good job to Nate for planning it. :) Happy birthday Kristi!!

Dave And Erin said...

What a fun birthday! And you look great my friend! Happy Bday tomorrow. . .what wonderful times we have had in our friendship on your birthday!
Erin

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday (a little bit early). You look darling.

daphne said...

so so cute!! wish i could have come :( looks like a fun time!! i love your little tummy!!