Thursday, December 31, 2009

Snow!

12.30.09

On Tuesday it snowed a lot! Unfortunately the weather man did not predict the snow and it made for a nasty commute. I ran to the mall in the afternoon to do a few errands while Nate worked from home while Andrew was napping. Nate called me right when I got there and told me it was snowing, so I started to get ready to leave, then he called back and said that it stopped. I only had a few things to do and I was only there for about 45 minutes, but when I went to get in my car it was snowing hard! Once I got to the freeway the snow had stopped but there was so much traffic. As soon as I got off at our exit it was snowing again. It took me 20 minutes to get from the exit off the freeway to a little ways down the road. I was going about 5 miles/hour and I was starting to panic since my car was sliding a bit, so I decided to head to my parents. It was a little scary getting to their house (which is on the way to our house) because I slid a few times, but thankfully I made it their safe. I was stuck there for several hours and missed getting to see Andrew's reaction to all of the snow. Luckily Nate recorded it for me, but I was still really bummed out! My dad drove me home later that night and I was greeted with lots of hugs and kisses from Andrew. I think he missed me just as much as I missed him in the few hours we were apart. The next morning there was still a little bit of snow left so Andrew and I took a walk in the snow and I was able to capture a few pictures. I think he was more entertained with the snow that had melted because he kept pointing at all the water flowing down the street and saying "waterfall."

I have a super cute video of Andrew in the snow with Daddy, but for some reason it won't post right now. I will try and post it another time!

No comments: