Sunday, June 20, 2010

Family BBQ

Yesterday we had a family BBQ in Springfield for my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. The weather wasn't great but that didn't stop the kids from playing in my grandparents huge yard! Andrew was the only boy out of the 8 great grandkids but he had tons of fun playing with the older girls. 3 of us just had babies within the last few months so it was fun to see all of the new babies. It was my grandparents 1st time meeting Ava and they had lots of cuddle time with her, especially my grandma who LOVES kids. We also got a chance to see Kayla and Cory's new house while we were down there....beautiful! My sister is so good at decorating! She also got some good quality time with Ava since she hasn't seen her since she was born. It was a fun day seeing all of my family and introducing Ava to them, but we were definitely exhausted by the end of the day. Andrew crashed as soon as he got in the car. Unfortunately he only slept for 45 minutes, but he had so much fun playing with the other kids. We had to drop my sister back at her house when we left my grandparents. I took Andrew in the house to go to the bathroom before we got on the rode. He told me he was tired and wanted to take a nap and then proceeded up the stairs at my sister's house to go take a nap. Too cute. I told him that we were going to nap in the car today. He was exhausted from playing so hard!
Aunt Kayla & Ava
4 generations- Ava, myself, my mom and my grandma
Andrew had fun with the swing

The great grandkids minus the 3 babies

My grandparents with all of their grandkids
6.19.2010- Ava 5 weeks old, Andrew 2.9 years

1 comment:

Janet said...

This was such a great day for my Dad and Mom. They were so excited to see all the grandkids and great grandkids.