Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A really fun day!

Yesterday was such a fun day. It was in the mid to lower 80s and sunny. I really wanted to take the kids to the zoo in the morning, but everyone seemed to be busy. I decided that I was going to go ahead and just go, we'd still have lots of fun. When we woke up in the morning Nate told me that he was going to go to work for a bit and then go to the zoo with us...it seriously made my day!!! We picked him up from work about mid morning and headed to the zoo. It was really crowded, but we had lots of fun. Andrew wanted to sit in the back seat of the stroller and didn't walk around much. He really wanted to see the alligators, elephants and tiger. Ava sat in the front and loved every minute of it. She did great even though she missed her morning nap. I think the highlight of the zoo was watching the monkeys put on quite the show, swinging from branch to branch in their cage...it was so cute!



That afternoon after rest time Andrew helped me water the flowers. He is such a good helper and it is such a nice thing to do just the two of us. I really enjoyed that quality time with him and am continually reminded of what a sweet, loving and helpful little boy he is. (He also helped Daddy mow the lawn when he got home from work)
After dinner we decided to go on a bike ride. Andrew got a bigger bike for Christmas with training wheels and we haven't had much of a chance to try it out. When it's just me and the kids, it's hard for me to help him and take care of Ava. Andrew's a little scared when he's on the bike, but ended up doing great once we rode around in the neighborhood for awhile.

We ended our night with some homemade popsicles (just frozen orange juice). Both of the kids loved them! It was a perfect family day!


6.21.2011- Andrew 3.5 years, Ava 13 months

1 comment:

Patti said...

So fun! We are loving the sunny days too, as rare as they are. :)