Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Family Reunion





Last Saturday we drove down to Springfield for a family reunion. This is really the first family reunion I remember having or going to. It was a 2 hour drive down there and the reunion was taking place right during nap time. So we went a little late in hopes that Andrew would take a little nap on the car ride down. No such luck! The kid just doesn't like sleeping in the car! So we put on his "Queen" movie (that's what he calls McQueen from Cars) and he did great. We got to the reunion, hung out with the family and Andrew enjoyed running around with all the other kids. Most of my family doesn't get to see Andrew often so they all thought he was just the cutest little thing. He had his first sucker that day, which he didn't think was that great, he played with chalk for the first time, and golfed with daddy! No nap the whole day though! I could tell at about 4:30 that he wasn't going to last much longer, so we said our goodbyes and drove to my sister's house about 10 minutes away. As soon as Nate put Andrew in the car, he was out. The poor guy was exhausted! He slept till we got to my sister's place, then I put him in their guest bed and he slept till I woke him at 6:30! Normally I wouldn't let him sleep so late, but I knew we wouldn't be home till late that night. We went to pizza with my parents, my sis & brother in law then left to make the trek back home. Of course Andrew didn't fall asleep on the way back home either. We kept telling him that it was night night time and to close his eyes and go to sleep. So, he said night night and closed his eyes. 5 seconds later he opens his eyes and we do the whole thing over again. It was so cute. He does this often...we call it his fake sleeping. He pretends to sleep and thinks he's pretty funny! We finally got home and he went right to bed and slept in the next morning till 9:30! Here's some pictures from the day.

3 comments:

The tug is my drug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The tug is my drug said...

No gratuitous shots of the cool uncle. Makes sense......

Kristi said...

Sorry Cory! I didn't take very many pictures that day. Next time we see you we need to get an Andrew & Uncle picture :)