Friday, August 21, 2009

Sleepover!

Last Friday was a big day for Andrew....he had his first sleepover at Grandpa & Grandma Ming's house. It was a pretty big deal for all of us :) He's never been good at sleeping anywhere but his own bed so we've been hesitant to have him sleep anywhere but at home. Whenever we go on vacation, it's always a little rocky at night. We are up several times which isn't the norm for Andrew. At home he usually sleeps a good 12 hours at night. So we were a little nervous to have him spend the night at my parents house, but he did great! I had my 10 year high school reunion on Friday night and I knew it would be a late night, so we thought we'd try out a sleepover. Worst case scenario, we could always come and pick him up on our way home if he wasn't sleeping well or crying a lot. I checked in with my mom several times through out the night to see how he was doing. They don't have a crib at their house and they thought the pack and play would be kind of small so they put him in a queen size bed with lots of pillows around the outside. They put a baby gate up at his door so he couldn't get out in the middle of the night and fall down the stairs. He went to bed a little late that night, about 8:15. My dad put him to bed and stayed with him for a bit. When he tried to get up Andrew would reach over and touch my dad's face. So my dad stayed for a bit longer. (He really loves his "Ampa") Eventually my dad got up and went to his room right down the hall where he could keep an eye on Andrew. It's a good thing he did because Andrew tried to climb over the baby gate. My dad put him back in bed and went back to his room, but Andrew tried to climb over the baby gate again. Once more my dad went back in and told him to go night night and that time Andrew stayed in bed. According to my parents, he fell asleep around 9pm, which I thought wasn't too bad for staying in a bed that wasn't his! The best part of all....he slept till 9:15 the next morning! He doesn't sleep that late very often. Nate and I got home pretty late from my reunion so I was looking forward to sleeping in. No such luck! As soon as 8am rolled around Nate asked if I was going to get in the shower. He was anxious to go get Andrew. (Such a good Dad!) I called my mom around 9am to see how Andrew did and was surprised to hear that he was still sleeping! Nate & I ran to Starbucks (of course) and then went to see Andrew. He was so excited to see us! Aunt Kayla & Uncle Cory were in town so he was playing trains with Uncle Cory and having tons of fun. He calls them Cowee and Kaya...it's so cute! Here's a few pics from the morning after his sleepover.

Andrew & Uncle Cory playing with Thomas the train.

Andrew loves to buckle things...anything, car seats, strollers, highchairs, ect.

Morning after sleeping at Grandma & Grandpa Ming's in a big boy bed! 23 months old

1 comment:

Janet said...

Of course what you didn't know was that we took him to dinner first and he was SO good...even without a movie on Daddy's IPhone to keep him entertained. We took him to Goodnight Room to see the train, but, of course, he found something to push all around the store. We finally got him to give it up by telling him it was "Mary's turn". (Mary is a friend of Kayla's who works at Goodnight Room). After a couple of requests to share with Mary, he gave it up without a fight. So off to Paradise Bakery we went to get him a much deserved cookie. Hopefully the first of many fun sleepovers at Grandpa and Grandma's house.