Saturday, August 29, 2009

School Days

On Friday Andrew and I went to visit my mom for a little bit. She lives near a school so we thought we would take Andrew to the school playground for something different to do. Andrew walked from my parents to the school which isn't that far for a grown up but for a little guy it's a long ways! There were a few people doing some maintenance stuff at the playground and Andrew was very interested in them. He just kept watching them. There was a maintenance truck that he was very fascinated with as well. He kept saying "schuck, schuck"....he loves trucks! At one point he went over to the truck and wanted to get it. I quickly tried to distract him with the other things at the playground. He went down the slide a few times but mainly just ran around. Eventually he got tired of the playground and ran to a door at the school. He kept wanting to go in the school. He would try to open the door and say "stuck, it's stuck." It was getting close to lunch so I was trying to get him to walk home but he was fixated on the school. My mom said, " let's go see if we can find some other doors Andrew" so we went to the next door, Andrew would say "door" and try to open it, then say "stuck." We went around to each door as we walked around to the front of the school. When we got to the front, the doors were open. At first Andrew said "stuck" but then he was able to open it a bit. So mom and I decided that it was probably okay to walk in the school for a little bit. We spoke with someone at the front desk and they didn't seem to mind. They thought it was so cute that a little boy, who's not even 2, was so interested in school! There was a mural on the outside of the school that extended into the inside with bears, fish, butterflies, frogs and various animals. Andrew would point to each animal and tell us what it was.....so cute! After staying there for awhile I decided that we needed to go and make the walk back. Andrew wanted nothing to do with that and decided to throw a temper tantrum....one of several this week! It was definitely not a fun walk back to my mom's but we did have a fun time exploring the playground and school! Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me so I couldn't capture any of the cute moments....oh well, another day!

P.S. Andrew loves buses too and is always pointing them out!

No comments: